Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Literally a pain in the @ss

Poor sherbie. He has anal furunculosis. For the past few months we have been treating it with Atopica (bought online, not through my vet and hence saving me almost £200 a month!) and steroids but when we weaned him off the steroids he had another breakout so push has come to shove and tomorrow he goes in to have the infected tissue removed.

I am all round miserable about it and keep having vivid dreams in which he is dead but the vet doesn't want to tell us so cuts up his body and leaves it on the doorstep for us to find. All of which is very unfair to our vet who is wonderful. His name is Ivan and he he is used to us and our weridness so didn't bat an eyelid when I burst into tears when we found out Thai had cancer (she is still fine btw) and then again when we decided Sherb should go to surgery. The other staff there are also great so all in all I know he is in good hands but I can't stop the feeling of dread...

YAY! Happy happy joy joy!

No comments: