Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Seasonal greetings...

So, as it is officially autumn again, my thoughts naturally turn to CHRISTMAS! MWAHAHAHAHA!

More specifically Advent Calendars. Every year I try to get unusual or interesting advent calenders for JJ and the family and I normally leave it too late. Last year I got JJ a lego advent and tried to order it in November only to find it was out everywhere and ended up having to pay well over the odds on Ebay for it so this year I put a reminder in my calender to get one earlier and today the reminder went off.

So I have been looking this evening. I'm not sure that I will get himself a lego this year, doesn't pay to be too predictable. And on my hunt, I found some GORGEOUS specimens....










I particularly like this with the polar bear insert :




And this one is a snip at a mere £30,000.



The advent calendar I remember most fondly is one that my parents gave me when I was about 12. It was a 3d house that, when you opened the windows, it enhanced the house. So for example, one window would coincide with the actual window on the house, opening it showed the inside of the room and a mouse, icing a christmas cake. It was fantasic and I still had it until recently.
I also read Gift of the Magi which I hadn't read before - ahhhhhh!

No comments: