Saturday, March 15, 2008

Bad but impressively epic dream...

So last night I had a nightmare that was so awful I woke up crying and it has sort of stuck with me all day. So in an effort to get rid of it before I go to sleep again, I am going to pop it down here...

It started with some giant disaster (I think it was a comet hitting the earth) where loads of people died. I dashed home to find JJ and K dead in the lounge. It had obviously happened quickly as K still had a book on her lap and JJ had the TV remote in his hand and the TV was still on, but they looked unmolested.

I thought that I would have to check on Mum and Dad, so jumped in the car and headed over there but the roads were largely blocked with dead people in the cars, so I had to walk all the way. When I got there, pretty much everyone in the village was dead except Mum, Dad and Chris (who in my dream still lived next door to my parents even though she moved our years ago). On the TV they said that the impact of the meteor (or whatever it was) was causing the atmosphere to boil away into space and that, over the course of the next 24 hours, everyone who had survived the initial impact would slowly suffocate. Chris was so upset at this and the loss of the boys that she went next door and took sleeping pills to kill herself and there was absolutely nothing we could do to convince to not do it.

While we waited to die, a bunch of about 8 or 9 astronauts walked towards us. They had worked out that, the International Space Station had enough air and supplies for 2 years and were gathering additional supplies before going back up (why they were gathering supplies in deepest darkest Surrey, god only knows). After a couple of years the world would recover and they could return. While we stood talking to them, two of them who had gone further afield for supplies were killed by something, freeing up two places on the station. They said that two of us could go with them and Mum said she didn't want to do it and would take sleeping pills like Chris to avoid the suffocation. So Dad and I sat with her while she took them and we talked to her while she fell asleep. We then put her in bed and left her to go to the station. During the launch, something happened to Dad and he was screaming and yelling and I was strapped in and I couldn't get to him, no matter what I tried, though when we arrived he seemed ok.

We had not been there long before it turned out that a lot of the food supplies had spoiled and we would have to go out and find the bodies of astronauts who had died and eat them. Dad went out on a space walk to start gathering bodies and, while he was out there I realised we had not given Mum enough sleeping pills to kill her and she would be waking up now and then would have to slowly suffocate (it didn't occur to me that she could just take more pills). I went completely berserk, screaming that I had to go back and that is when I woke up and sobbed all over a poor confused and half asleep JJ for about 1/2 hour.

There was another dream, part of the same sequence, but I have no idea how it fitted into the rest of the dream - I was in a large loft apartment with about 50 lesbians dressed as WWII wrafs, and they were script writers for the bbc and were discussing how much they liked Stephen Fry and one was saying how, when she was alive, she made a hole in the riser of the staircase so that she could watch womens ankles as they went up the stairs?! Bizarre.

Anyway, hopefully that is the end of it and I can have a good nights sleep tonight...

No comments: