Sunday, September 14, 2008

Week 14 : Sick

Morning sickness seems to be wearing off but I am still very tired. Kirsty has been a coolio star recently - forcing me to de junk my study as John's study is becoming the baby's room and my study is becoming our study. However, we couldn't even get in the door of my study when we started as, when Kris moved back in with Mum and Dad so she could go back to college I stored a bunch of her stuff in there.

Last weekend we finally had filled my dining room with boxes so were off to a car boot. John and I had tried the weekend before but were told set up was at 11 and they were turning people away as they were full when we arrived and we then found out the car boot OPENED to the public at 11. We tried again this weekend, this time getting there at 10, queued for ages and still didn't get in! We had wanted to go to this one as it was under cover, but the weather wasn't too bad so we went on to another. We were very late arriving and as we pulled up people were asking if we had perfume or phones or records and on and on. We set up and sold loads really quickly and made a fair amount of money but as things were drawing to a close we still had a bunch of stuff left so started yelling at people that all was left was free and that they could just take it. We ended up with just a small box of junk that no one would take which headed to the tip. The weather turned out to be glorious and we were quite burnt at the end of it and poor Kris was on her last legs so she headed home to bed.

No comments: