Monday, August 06, 2007

A bathing disaster and welcome homecoming

Saturday was a loooong day. I really needed to sleep as a bad back had kept me awake the night before so I took the monsters to bed with me as JJ is home tomorrow and he won't let the monsters sleep with us so I like to take the occasional opportunity to snuggle. Unfortunately, Thai had the wiggles and about 5 am Sherb trod on a toy that woofs christmas songs and then decided that it was a threat to the security of the world and stood and barked at it forEVER!

I had LOTS to do today so, having checked my email, I went to jump in the shower. Luckily, I looked down as I reached for the tap as the bath plug hole had dropped through the bath and the water would be dropping directly on the floor. The day before I had been using loo limescale remover to delimescale EVERYTHING! (It is much stronger than regular limescale remover so is done quicker) and there was a patch of limescale around the plug that was a bit stubborn so I popped some more on and promply forgot about it. It seems that who ever installed the waster did a bit of a hash job of it and in the end just stuck it in using mastic. The limescale remover ate straight through the mastic and the waste dropped out.

After about an hour wasted and then a sheepish call to my Dad who said he should be able to fix it without too much of a problem, I was finally able to get on with it. I got quite a lot donw but my whole day was basically one of waiting for the moment J came home. Just before leaving for the airport, I went to check the fight details on my computer. It was frozen. I restarted and nothing it, it didn't go in, it just impacted on the surface. I evetually had to admit defeat and dash to the airport, HOPING I remembered it right and he was landing at terminal one.

His flight landed about 16 minutes late but, as J put it, it parked at gate one million 7 hundred billion 6 thousand and 5, so getting back to the arrivals took forever. He did not have a good trip, to the point where he was in tears when I finally saw him and I think he was desperate to get home. When we got home the dogs, Sherb in particular, went completely doolally and, haing worn themselves out, collapsed and slept happily knowing their daddy was home. I had made him chicken pot pie as he had overdosed on cheese while in switzerland, but we weren't hungry so we sat and talked and watched the video that he took of the wildlife and Rambo, his dad's dog.

I don't think I have ever been so glad to get into bed and snuggle with my hubby - I swear he was away from years not days.

No comments: