Friday, April 25, 2008

Wii Fit fun!

For my birthday (to my complete surprise and bouncing up and down joy) my Mum, Dad and sister got me a Wii with Wii Play. I loved it and it was particularly unexpected as we had got the same for Dad for his birthday so when I opened the present from Kristy and found the Wii Play I thought she had got our presents swapped over by accident. On my Dad's birthday we spent the best part of the evening playing with the wii - unfortunately with Dad's recent accident (He fell over with a milk bottle in his hand, severing 2 tendons and rupturing one) he could only use the wiimote and note the nunchuk. He did however prove himself to be a demon bowler and he and JJ had a couple of matches. Poor Mum's wrist was hurting due to her arthritis so she couldn't play this time.

My lovely hubby hadn't got round to getting me a present so he got me a book and promised to get me the wii fit when it came out. Well today was crunch day and I waited in ALL DAY getting more and more annoyed waiting for it to come. Finally, about 4ish it arrived - I think I may have scared the delivery guy by me somewhat over enthusiastic answering of the door. I lasted about 1/2 hour before succumbing to setting up which took all of two minutes and then I felt guilty and decided to wait for JJ to come home before playing it.

When JJ came home, he was allowed about 2 seconds to take his shoes off before being forced into the lounge to play. Unsurprisingly I am classed as obese, JJ as overweight and it calculated my wii fit age to be 42 - annoyingly JJ was classed as 31! I played all the way through the exercises and then JJ did the same - JJ whupped me in nearly EVERY game, though seeing him trying to hula hoop in just his pants and shirt more than made up for it.

I HATE the gym and, though I went fairly regularly for a short while, I quickly stopped as I loathed it so intensely and found it so very boring. This however was enjoyable - we both finished knowing that we had done exercise but not exhausted and, having had a much needed shower, we were both feeling quite good.

All in all, I hope that I will keep up exercising with the wii fit (which incidentally is hard to type as I kept getting wii fiit) as it is enjoyable, variable, inherently silly with the aforementioned hula hoop game, a football heading game and a tightrope walking game just for starters. We have decided that we are going to take before and after photos - some without clothes and some with clothes which we can show the general public without causing mass panic.

  • Change in BMI : NA
  • Center of Gravity : L45.9 R54.1
  • Age : 42
  • Change in weight : na
  • Time spent : 30 mins
  • Total time : 30 mins

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great post. Good luck with your fitness regimen.