Thursday, April 06, 2006

Ipodding Geeky Bliss

I have to recommend the podcast that I have begun listening to recently. The Word Nerds is an etymology podcast, where three American gents (Howard and Dave Shepherd and Howard Chang) natter about the origin of English/American words. I love this podcast, the guys are intelligent, interesting and amusing and I often learn something, despite that fact having Americans teaching me about a language that they don't bleeding well speak properly rankles a little! Theydo occasionally get it wrong however, there have been a number of references to how us English use words which just are either plain wrong or a little off-center, but that is to be expected as they don't live here.

Anyway, enough whittering on on my part - go listen to it!


No comments: