Thursday, October 19, 2006

Ride of our lives...

Well my sister, K, and I just had the BEST day our EVAR! We went to Thorpe Park earlier in the year and they had a special offer that if you paid £10 at the time, you could get in again another day. We were running out of time before the end of the season and we also had to take a picture. This particular picture was in honor of my cousin in Oz's wedding which most of the family can't make it out to. My mum thought it would be a great idea for us to all take piccies holding best wishes signs and make it into a poster to send out with my Nan and Grandad (who fly out soon to see them). So my sisters inspired idea was to take signs on a ride and then buy the picture. And here is our effort:


And the finished item:


Anyway, it was the best day out I have had for a long time as the kids were back to school so the longest we ever had to queue was about 10 minutes (annoyingly for the crapest ride) and most rides we walked straight onto. K will tell you, I was completely pathetic on the Slammer ride - basically a giant seesaw affair which goes all the way over the top - and was heard to say "I don't liiiikeeee thiiissssss" while on it. (It was horrible because it is quite slow so there is no centrifugal force to press you back against your seat so you are basically hanging against the restraints. I don't mind speed but I don't like having to rely on the safety processes as the whole time my brain is going, "what is there is a bolt loose? It was constructed by humans and they are ffallible")

Anyway, all in all and great day!

OK for some reason I can't add photos today - I will add 'em later!

No comments: