Sunday, July 29, 2007

A good turn

I bit of a disorganised day today - I had intended to work all day but I slept in late (for once the monsters didn't bark - actually they have been doing well on that front all week). I then walked the monsters and saw a gorgeous heron by the pond - I tried to take pictures but sherb was doing his best to be a pain so they weren't great. It was quite an overcast morning - grey skies but no rain.


It was very quiet down the park, even the ducks were sleepy.

I then had to go and get a new keyboard as I killed yet another one by knocking my drink into it. I got a "spill-resistant" one so hopefully this one will last longer.

I then headed to asda to replace the trousers that I broke the zip on the other day (long story) and the stopped at KFC to grab some lunch. As I was headed back to the car there was a young asian guy in a red car that wouldn't start. I mention the color cos I know JJ will ask me what type pf car it was and it was the RED type OK?. Anyway, as our car history is spotty at best I know well the sound of a car with a dead battery, so offered to give him a jump. To my intense enjoyment, he had never jumped a car before so didn't know how to do it - for once I was able to tell a man about cars! Not the easiest thing ever as the battery in the van in under the drivers seat, so we had to roll the car back a bit so that the leads would reach.

Once we got it going we soon realised that his battery is completely dead was I re-jumped it and sent him on his way. As I drove off, it sounded wrong and I realised that I had left the side door open a little - I had major problems opening it as the door panel had popped off the inside and stopped the door from closing BUT I also couldn't open it properly so it took ages to get it sorted. Once I got home, I had cold KFC and wilted salad - it was still quite yummy though as I was starving.

I had thought to hook the new wireless keyboard up to the laptop as the power cable is dodgy and the battery died years ago and so I wanted to be able to sit the laptop on the table beside me and type and use the mouse without the laptop dying every two mintues. However, the software wouldn't work as the laptop didn't have service pack 2, so it took an hour to update to the latest service pack and then another 1/2 hour to install the software. THEN I hook the USB thingy up to the USB port and the bit inside the USB port snapped off. This seems to be what my life is like at the moment! So I then hooked it up to my computer and ti works and it is great!
Anyway it is now 5.00 so rather than start so late I hung out the washing (the weather is gorgeous this afternoon - really sunny) and sat down to watch Dick Tracy which I haven't seen before. It is amusing but not brilliant, however I just LOVE Glenne Headly - her voice is just adoreable! Anyway, I am still waiting for JJ to call - he rang earlier when I was walking the dogs and I haven't heard from him since.

As an aside, Unca Ghastly has put out a new vid on youtube - it made I larf.

No comments: