Thursday, July 26, 2007

A long day

This morning JJ flew out to Frankfurt. We left early to get him to the airport through the rush hour traffic, only to get there very very early for his flight. We dropped his bags and had a very pleasant breakfast in the airport before sending him through the security to see his Dad. We are slightly worried as about a week ago, his Dad called, explained he wanted to give JJ power of attorney over his accounts, but wouldn't say why. We suspect that he worse (he has been ill for a while) and has been told to put his affairs in order but for some reason won't tell us.

Later K turned up and we watched a film (it was so unimpactful I can't remember what we watched) and then we went to see the new Harry Potter film. It was brilliant, far better than the book which was one of the weaker ones I think but there were a couple of things I didn't like. Poor Cho didn't get an apology which seemed a bit harsh and also they never explained the arch that poor Sirus fell through which, as it had been quite a while since I read the book, was a bit hazy for me. Also this seemed to make Sirus definitely dead, when the book seemed to leave the question of if he was really dead open. I also didn't like the final confrontation with Voldemort, it just seemed spectacular but contrived and false, for example, conveniently the rest of TOOP conveniently didn't seem to notice the battle going on in the next room, despite having yelled after Harry as he ran out, until right at the end.

But all in all, I really liked Luna and if I weren't straight I would jump Tonks bones right this second! And watching the film now knowing what happens in the last book adds another layer of poignancy.

No comments: