Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Hard work makes me Lawn

Well it has been a boring couple of days blog wise - I spent them mostly editting but I am quite pleased as I managed to finish this job in just three days and, unlike the previous one which took two weeks and I loathed every aspect of the finished product, I am really pleased with this one.

I did take a couple of breaks though - yesterday I weeded the area where the pond used to be, clearing away the weeds that came across with the bags of soil from her new garden. Today about 5.30 I decided to tackle the lawn - 6.50 I finally finished. In that time I uncovered 5 lots of dogs poo that had hidden in the masses, 2 dog toys, one empty packet of crisps that I suspect Thai nicked from the bins and hid out there, 1/2 of a pool noodle, emptied the grass collector 18 times and sweated approximately 20 buckets of moisture!

But as you can see, before it was a long untidy lumpy mess...




so the short untidy lumpy mess that it has become is quite a relief.



Sherb particularly likes it as now when I throw the ball, it lands and either rolls or bounces, instead of just stopping dead as it was doing.

It was such hard work, it turned my feet green.



We have apples on our apple tree at the moment - best keep an eye on them or the monster will eat them and then it ain't pretty.



This would have been a picture of a bee, but Thai had other ideas.




I also had a couple of good bits of news today - the cheque came through (minus excess) from the car insurance and as of friday our mortgage will move to our new mortgage company. Yay!