Friday, July 20, 2007

Rain and Cars

We have had a bit of tooing and froing with the volvo, first being told it would be written off, then told they would repair it and finally yesterday they told us they were definately going to write it off which is a result as we have already bought the VW.

It has been raining for ever (or so it seems) - certainly the only good weather that we had was the weekend of Tewkesbury, which is now pretty much cut off by flooding. Today the rain finally eased off around lunch time and the sun came out and it was gorgeous so I set out for the park with the monster. When I got there, this is what I found:





So once Sherb had ambled round the park, and pootled in the shallows, I headed back to the house to get Thai and grabbed my camera. Thai LOVED it and dashed around like a maniac while kids played in the water too. At one point we wandered along the tree line and Thai fell in the ditch and, despite the fact that her head was above water, she began to panic. So I had to wade in and rescue her and I ended up SOAKED.Luckily the weather was SO gorgeous it wasn't cold and I wandered round for a bit longer before finally ambling home. It was one of those werid occurances that was just magical and the lake was gone by the next day.








No comments: